Long House Studio

Prominent Canadian Oral Surgeon Cameron Clokie

The process of becoming a dentist requires years of education; dental students are required to have a Bachelor’s degree, take predefined prerequisite courses, attend a four-year professional dental program, receive a Doctor of Dental Surgery or a Doctor of Medical Dentistry degree and lastly, pass a licensing examination.

According to the American Dental Association, 80% of dentists practicing in the United States are general practitioners; the remaining 20% that choose to become specialty dentist will undergo additional specialized training. Similar disproportionate ratios exist in Canada as well; the number of general practitioners easily eclipses that of specialty dentist. Learn more about Cameron Clokie: https://ca.linkedin.com/in/dr-cameron-clokie-136991109 and https://www.yellowpages.ca/bus/Ontario/Toronto/Dr-Cameron-Clokie/390278.html

Dr. Cameron Clokie is one of the few specialty dentists in Toronto, ON; he is an Oral Maxillofacial Surgeon and the Professor of Oral Maxillofacial Surgery at the University of Toronto. What is an oral and maxillofacial surgeon? They are practitioners that treat dental and medical problems involving the oral cavity and maxillofacial area, which is comprised of the forehead, cheekbones and the soft tissues of those areas.

According to his profile on Linkedin, Dr. Cameron Clokie received his Doctor of Dental Surgery in 1985 and completed his specialty training in 1990. In 1992, Dr. Clokie earned a Ph.D. from McGill University in bone regeneration, which is a field of study focused on the bone regeneration and dental implants.

Accord to rateMDs.com, a free website that allows users to submit and read the reviews of health professionals, Dr. Clokie has received a 4.3/5 star rating from current and former patients. According to salary.com, the median annual salary for an Oral Maxillofacial Surgeon in Ontario is $285,920, but the ability to significantly change the lives of patients is priceless.

These dental practitioners perform procedures that exceed the scope of a general dentist; many medical and dental conditions require surgery to correct, and Oral Maxillofacial Surgeons provide that service.

What types of procedures do these practitioners perform? Oral Maxillofacial Surgeons perform reconstructive surgery and repair structural abnormalities involving the mouth, neck, or face. In addition, they are often involved in oral cancer treatments.

Becoming an Oral Maxillofacial Surgeon is no easy task, but practitioners like Dr. Cameron Clokie is a testament to what is possible with hard work and perseverance.

1 comment

  1. Clokie knows that he needs to keep a clean mouth all the time when it comes to delivering on his job at the moment. With the superior writing paper it is clear that this is what is needed and there should be much more to be done as well. That said, I think everyone should think of the needs that pre civilization should think about most of our inventions.

Comments are closed.