Talos Energy LLC is a private oil and gas company. Talos Energy president and CEO are Tim Duncan. Its headquarters is in Houston. Talos chief accounting officer and controller is Michael Harding. It has around one hundred twenty of employees. Talos Production LLC has purchased the Energy Resource Technology GOM, Inc. for $620 million. It is related to oil and gas of Helix Energy Solutions Group, Inc. It produced 16,155 barrels per day in the Gulf of Mexican region. Block 237 in Green Canyon it has 100 feet of high quality well. It has established itself in the Gulf of Mexico and lower Gulf Coast properly.Until 2011 the companies size was almost double, but after that, it was sold to the Apache Corp. Among the small businesses, Talos Energy has been rated as the best place to work in Dynamic Workplace. This all is due to the environment and innovative working.
In Talos Energy, everyone enjoys each other’s company and share their views and opinion and finally, the results are impressive. Helix also kept the most important royalty on the discovery in Wang and other research conducted. They wanted to keep their oil-weighted assets with our 24,000 square miles of seismic data and their team of experts together to reach the best results within a short span of time. Stone Energy Corporation was obtained by Talos Energy for $1.9 million. And together the company would be known as Talos Energy Inc. and will do marketing on the New York Stock Exchange with the sign “TALO”. This merger would be very fruitful for the ongoing research and in the production of the company. This merger would last for the period of one year.
As the combined efforts and the advanced technology would result in fast process and open up many more ways of exploration. At the end of the merger, the Talos Energy would hold 63% of shares while the Stone Energy would hold the remaining 37% of shares. From the year 2017, the average production of Talos Energy reached forty-seven thousand barrels which were equal to one thirty-six million of oil barrels of June 30 as per the records. The company’s financial status improved and the credits limit reached up to One billion. Duncan was chosen as CEO and there were ten members of the board of directors. In which six were of Talos Energy and four were of Stone Energy. Vinson & Elkins LLP and Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP were members of Talos legal counsel whereas Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP were Stone Energy’s council members. Due to a merger, Talos financial condition got stable. In 2013 it purchased Energy Resource Technology GOM Inc and in 2015 it won the bid for shallow water exploration in Mexico.